Whether your Christmas list is longer than the five-year-olds who recite their inventory of wants on Santa’s lap, or you’re looking to simplify and pare down in 2017, there’s one thing almost every homeowner has in common: This year, you can make your house a little more joyful by upping the comfort factor in each and every room.
While the word “cozy” calls to mind fleece blankets and a roaring blaze in the fireplace, no one wants to spend all winter wearing every article of clothing the closet has to offer just to keep the chill off. Now that winter’s grasp is firmly on the Hudson Valley for the season, it’s time to take a good look at what your house could use for Christmas this year.
If a complete renovation during the holidays makes you cringe more than a slice of month-old fruitcake, fear not: Basic, small changes can make a huge difference in the energy-efficiency of your home – and keep you cozy, whether it’s a blizzard or balmy outdoors.
Here’s a list of tried-and-true tactics Malcarne Contracting uses every time we make a home better-functioning and more comfortable for our customers:
- By sealing up gaps, cracks and holes in an attic and basement, we can dramatically increase your home’s warmth factor.
- Old heating systems don’t work as well and cost more in monthly bills than energy-efficient models: Malcarne can let you know what’s out there in terms of available systems – including newer ductless heating systems – what’s reliable, and what makes the most sense for your home.
- Energy efficiency doesn’t mean just changing a larger item like a heating system: You can cut costs on energy bills by upgrading smaller things, from light bulbs to appliances.
- So much comes down to one word: insulation. Simply having the right insulation – like that cozy fleece blankie – means your heat stays in and the cold winter winds stay out.
- Santa doesn’t leave one-size-fits-all presents under the tree, and we couldn’t agree more when it comes to houses! Malcarne Contracting visits and evaluates each home as a separate entity, making sure you get what your home really needs to fix its weak spots and truly make it more snug and energy-efficient.
So make a list of your cold rooms and your high energy bills, and don’t check it twice: Instead, call Malcarne Contracting. By making your home run more efficiently and feel more comfortable, you’ll receive a gift that gives all year long.